Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Paris, Mais Oui!


On May 19th, photographer Steve Rostand will join my father and me in a celebration of all things Paris. We will put on a show of photography, art, fashion and installations that explores the streets of Paris and the delightful Joie de Vivre of that city of light.

I am especially excited about this show because it is the first time my father and I have collaborated on the theme for his paintings. Above is an image of the cornerstone painting of this show, "Lilli" on her bicycle, her scarf blowing in the breeze, baskets filled with bolts of fabric and fresh flowers. We have created a story about Lilli that will explain the origins of the company Tré Lilli in a semi-autobiographical, totally magic-realism manner and my father will illustrate this story. As you can see, I am inspired by this new work and look forward to sharing the full story of Lilli and working with all of the new imagery soon.

For more information about the show, contact info@trelilli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment